Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by Step of how we keep FACEBOOK accounts alive for years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by Step of how we keep FACEBOOK accounts alive for years.

As most of know. One of the most difficult things to deal with in online advertising is dealing with ads on the major traffic sources.
    What I mean by this is they all have pages and pages of obscure compliance rules. Then you think you read them, or maybe you don't, and follow them but BAM your account gets suspended.

The old Facebook

With Facebook specifically; as of 3 years ago you really only had 1 option when your account went to into suspension and that was figure out how to make a new account. Because the Facebook gestapo was to good to answer anyone back. They would always just respond with a message that said "sorry and piss off". [Well something like that ]

Because of this I didn't advertise on Facebook for 3 years.

The only people I knew that were still advertising on Facebook were people that had account generation farms. And those people typically ran super high return aggressive stuff like diet scams and mobile cramming. Facebook had, I think unintentionally, chased out all the whitehat direct response affiliates and marketers.

Thank goodness that era is over.

With the introduction of Facebook's business accounts they introduced a chat with us feature.

If you don't have a business account yet. You can go to http://business.facebook.com and sign up for one if your account is not banned. I talk about how to potentially get your personal account back in another post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000067.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	102

One thing to note about the chat feature, you may go to the support page and it's not there. They're only available week days during business hours PST. As I think all the support reps on chat are located in California at the home office.

So when you go to the support page they just take the icon off like you don't even know it's there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000068.png
Views:	1
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	103

This feature is great because you can have a real-time dialog with a human. Versus the old email ticket system that they took many days to respond to. Also, previously it was a form so very one sided. With the Introduction of the chat help feature you can actually have a dialog, ask questions and learn how to do things better.

At first is run stuff and then hit up this support and ask what I did wrong. I'd then have to beg for forgiveness and would always get my account back.

But this wasn't the best strategy...

Now what I do is go ask chat before I put an offer up. I like to go ask them if it's compliant and if they think I'll have any problems. They'll typically hedge and say they can't guarantee anything. Then they'll tell you they're going to ask for you. This usually takes a day or 2. They then come angle aaying what might need to be changed or that it's ok to run. Now you have that in writing.

And off you go...

And you'll get suspended because it always happens. So as soon as you do go to chat support. Regency the chat where you got the sign off. 9 out of 10 times you'll get you account back I. A few hours this way.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to help.

Success,
    Jason

Jason Akatiff, CEO - A4D Performance | Follow Me on Twitter | Read my Blog
    >> A4D - CPA Network, 8 years in business, never missed a payment. Sign Up Here! | NEW Skype: live:jasona_33 <<<

Now what I do is go ask chat before I put an offer up. I like to go ask them if it's compliant and if they think I'll have any problems. They'll typically hedge and say they can't guarantee anything. Then they'll tell you they're going to ask for you. This usually takes a day or 2. They then come angle aaying what might need to be changed or that it's ok to run. Now you have that in writing.

And off you go...

And you'll get suspended because it always happens. So as soon as you do go to chat support. Regency the chat where you got the sign off. 9 out of 10 times you'll get you account back I. A few hours this way.

This was exactly what i did.. i created my funnel.. showed them.. and they said it was good to go.. even asked if my ad was complaint or not.. after 1 week or 2 my account got banned.. i told them in the chat that they "pre approved everything" and after one day i got it back so it definitively works

Comment

Thank you

Also thanks for the business account tip. I have been using multiple personal accounts previous to this, such a pain!

I wish they would allow you to run groups as a page!

Comment

I have had FB rep setup the account, help build the ads then get banned a couple days later and never recover. What you didn't say is once your account is red X they will not give you the option for Chat feature.

Comment

This is Gold. For the personal accounts, make sure you have a team randomly posting and sharing random stuff on your walls like a real user does.

Comment

Thank you for this step by step Jason.
            After I started focusing more on ecommerce, I didn't get a single ad disapproved. I stayed away from posting ads that would tick people off like "Get this awesome necklace for free", when it's actually free plus $9.99 shipping. People seem to hate this kind of stuff and they will complain sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Consequences View Post
              Thank you

Also thanks for the business account tip. I have been using multiple personal accounts previous to this, such a pain!

I wish they would allow you to run groups as a page!

I've never got a whole business account banned. Only sub accounts.

Is this a whole business account? We definitely can access it when our business account is fine and one of our sub-accounts is banned.
              >> A4D - CPA Network, 8 years in business, never missed a payment. Sign Up Here! | NEW Skype: live:jasona_33 <<<

Comment

FYI: all Business Managers start off with an Ad Account creation limit of 2, but this can be increased to 1,000 -- you have to engage with FB Support and submit a request for that

Comment

This is very relevant to my interests - Facebook is such great traffic but so hard to work with.

Do you have anything more specific from conversations with them? I've been doing this with new ads for 2 weeks now and pretty much every time they tell me something like this:

"If it's approved it's 100% compliant"
                  "If it's approved you will have no trouble"
                  "Hmmm I'm not sure go ahead and submit it and if they approve it you are good!"

So far fortunately I haven't lost an account yet in the last 2-3 weeks. But I'm wondering if they are giving me enough ammo to get the accounts active again for when Facebook does block an account. Because we all know it's only a matter of time before they ban an account that has run nothing but ads they approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Bratok View Post
                    FYI: all Business Managers start off with an Ad Account creation limit of 2, but this can be increased to 1,000 -- you have to engage with FB Support and submit a request for that
                    Do they all require seperate bank accounts / paypal / card or can you use the same one for all?

Comment

Originally posted by Consequences View Post
                      Do they all require seperate bank accounts / paypal / card or can you use the same one for all?

Nope we use one for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by miketpowell View Post
                        This is very relevant to my interests - Facebook is such great traffic but so hard to work with.

Do you have anything more specific from conversations with them? I've been doing this with new ads for 2 weeks now and pretty much every time they tell me something like this:

So far fortunately I haven't lost an account yet in the last 2-3 weeks. But I'm wondering if they are giving me enough ammo to get the accounts active again for when Facebook does block an account. Because we all know it's only a matter of time before they ban an account that has run nothing but ads they approve.

Might be worth asking if there's a team who could review it for you or put it in writing and maybe throw out your compliance team needs it from them in writing or something?

Comment

same approach works for bing ads

Comment

Originally posted by miketpowell View Post

That should be fine. At least when you go back to them they see you made a good faith effort and are not trying to just do things that are uncompliant. It's much more about the gesture and you showing them your'e trying to do things the right way the it is about actually getting approval.

Another thing to watch closely is relevance score and negative feedback. Our relevance scores run around 9-10 and we have limited negative feedback. So I think this helps as well. You can just tell them that you got it approved and you're not getting any feedback from them that what you're doing is wrong.

Sometimes the first pass they'll escalate. Then at some point you should get a white list. But that's a bit down the road.

Comment

is this chat feature for worldwide fb accounts or usa only ?

Comment

Working...
                              X