Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online distribution advice/ guidance for a metabolic weight loss platform

Hey there -

I read about this cool forum on the A4D site and thought I'd check it out. Not typically a forum guy BUT here we go

I have been in the online marketing space for roughly 5-7 years primarily on the client side providing conversion services and helping to accelerate campaigns. I discovered early on that clients are fickle and you're always second best so I quickly moved into the product space and started with Nutra but quickly learned that there was no end game in that and know creativity. However, through this process, I fell in love with e-commerce, product branding and marketing and I guess discovered where I wanted to focus my time!

Fast forward to today I partnered with arguably the number one weight loss guy in the world (Dr. Philip Goglia) and have created a kick ass, Angular web application that serves up rotating, metabolic meal plans based on an algorithm that matches these to your body. This is all connected through and facilitated through a survey funnel that determines your metabolic type.

Here's a link to the funnel (LP is changing - https://goglianutrition.com/.

So onto the questions....

1) How much testing should I do myself before releasing this to a good affiliate network partner? What metrics other than CPA are they looking for per se?
    2) Should I test multiple channels or just stick on the holy grale - FB?
    3) Would you advise to work through a network or directly with select affiliates after approving creatives?
    4) Can native be scaled for a straight sale, compliant offer like this?

I do have experience and I guess I am looking for a little direction on where to go with a quality product of this nature. I am dialing in my conversions but they're obviously going to be different everywhere (traffic sources). I guess I am now above dealing with a lower tier network and trying to deal with something more established and don't want to F it up out of the gates.

I have started the testing process through native and didn't get a good vibe from the traffic providers and found results all over the place. Then contacted a solid network and was greeted with a pompous sales guy that was super stand-offish and full of himself.

Any insights would be much appreciated - sorry for the long winded story here

Originally posted by lukethespook View Post
    Hey there -

I read about this cool forum on the A4D site and thought I'd check it out. Not typically a forum guy BUT here we go

I have been in the online marketing space for roughly 5-7 years primarily on the client side providing conversion services and helping to accelerate campaigns. I discovered early on that clients are fickle and you're always second best so I quickly moved into the product space and started with Nutra but quickly learned that there was no end game in that and know creativity. However, through this process, I fell in love with e-commerce, product branding and marketing and I guess discovered where I wanted to focus my time!

Fast forward to today I partnered with arguably the number one weight loss guy in the world (Dr. Philip Goglia) and have created a kick ass, Angular web application that serves up rotating, metabolic meal plans based on an algorithm that matches these to your body. This is all connected through and facilitated through a survey funnel that determines your metabolic type.

Here's a link to the funnel (LP is changing - https://goglianutrition.com/.

So onto the questions....

1) How much testing should I do myself before releasing this to a good affiliate network partner? What metrics other than CPA are they looking for per se?
    2) Should I test multiple channels or just stick on the holy grale - FB?
    3) Would you advise to work through a network or directly with select affiliates after approving creatives?
    4) Can native be scaled for a straight sale, compliant offer like this?

I do have experience and I guess I am looking for a little direction on where to go with a quality product of this nature. I am dialing in my conversions but they're obviously going to be different everywhere (traffic sources). I guess I am now above dealing with a lower tier network and trying to deal with something more established and don't want to F it up out of the gates.

I have started the testing process through native and didn't get a good vibe from the traffic providers and found results all over the place. Then contacted a solid network and was greeted with a pompous sales guy that was super stand-offish and full of himself.

Any insights would be much appreciated - sorry for the long winded story here

Hey Luke!

Question and a few comments for you

Questions first, how did you end up linking up with Mr. Goglia or someone of that stature whether it be weight loss, skin, etc? Did you approach them and if so how did that whole interaction happen and go about?

Comments, to be 100% honest with you, you do not want affiliates or a network touching this unless you 150% can trust everyone involved. It's hard enough as it is already to run a legitimate long term business model let alone having people (I am one of them included, new offer owner now) who just want the instant profitability. When you give it away for others to promote they care about bottom line and that's it, I can't speak for everyone but I'd say 90% of anyone who touches it will somehow devalue the brand and potentially fuck up your partner and relationship with Philip if it's promoted deceivingly.

It would only take 1 person to run a blackhat style campaign and having Philip see it or someone else see it and tag him on social media asking if it's legit and I can almost bet 100% he would not be happy with how his face is being represented.

With that said, native would be a good place to try it out for sure and because it appears to be super legit, well put together and a nice face to the brand you'll be compliant almost anywhere.

Hopefully that helps a bit, I come from the network and affiliate side and I've seen it all and I wouldn't trust affiliates with this beautiful put together project/business lol. If anything I would only work direct with people that will be 100% transparent with me and what they are running and still would put in writing that if they break any compliance that you are not responsible to pay them their cut.

Comment

Also I see that you were using a specific celebrity for your native ads, if the doctor is really these peoples' nutritionist and diet plan guy, just verify that with the traffic source and you can be a little more aggressive and direct with the copy.

So instead of

"Use XXX's Formula To Lose Weight"
      or
      "Get Access To XXX's Nutritionist Now"

You could say, the "The 1 secret/trick/diet to XXX's weight transformation/loss, etc" or less aggressive but tempting "This Guy Is Why Hollywood's Celebs are Losing Weight, etc etc" (Change out Celebs and Hollywood for the exact name with their picture granted as long as it can be verified."

I would also split test the main headline on your page where you direct people. Your page is amazing I must say and looks great, I can't imagine this not working out well for you. I'd love to own something of this level with all the creditability as there are so many creative ways that you can be more aggressive with because of the credibility to back you up on it.

Comment

Hey there - thanks for your reaching out and I appreciate the info.

Let me answer your questions....

1) How did i hook up with Goglia?
        Really just one of those things that happen in life when you meet him at in a social gathering and end up partnering with him on his 30-year vision on product. He's been approached and actually tried to build this 3 times but due to flaky marketing people they screwed him 3 times

Appreciate your info, and that's exactly the angle we're taking in terms of taking ownership of traffic ourselves and only partnering with people that are 100% compliant and see the long term vision. We also have been approving every and all creative's that go live with our traffic source for native which is highly important.

We've actually struggled to make it work with Native which is strange to me too... We're super close and finally got our first positive conversion test last week but not flooding in with sales like I thought it would be. We're going to start aggressively testing Fb this week and move back to Native when we have more money to throw at it.

Cheers!
        LM

Comment

Jason posted a link to a case study on whitehat skin products, give that a read and if you have some deep pockets, you should be able to scale just like what is shown on the page in question. http://productsquad.com/forum/produc...ezra-firestone

Comment

Working...
          X