Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up a merchant account for the US, from a different country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up a merchant account for the US, from a different country?

I'm in New Zealand and want to sell in USD to Americans, and other markets for that matter.

I was told by Braintree that:

"In order to apply for a Braintree Merchant account out of any of these listed countries, your business must be located, registered, and have a business bank account all in the same country."

Has anyone been through this process? Is it very difficult?

Hi,

I think stripe.com offers processing for New Zealand companies.

Comment

Thanks. But for New Zealanders wanting to sell into US in USD. I've asked but seems like I need to register a business and bank account. Has anyone gone through this process as an outsider? That Rdiogo.

Comment

Izzy stripe has a new program where they will set up the company for you.https://stripe.com/atlas
        AFAIK, no one will give you a MID if they don't think they can lay hands on the money.. So you need a US Bank Account, also just to receive the funds.

Comment

Thank god! I was struggling to find a solution... On the wait list!

Comment

Bit late to the thread, but if you still need this, send me a PM, i can put you in touch with a broker who set up ours(europe based merchant, we take cc's in USD AUD NZD CAD GBP and EUR, our company is based in hong kong).

Comment

I have yet to a cc thread on any forum where an ISO does not eventually show up. smaxor can we get some spam clean up in aisle 1 please?

Comment

If it's high risk you can just talk to the high risk guys. I'm sure they'll have access and knowledge about how to get signers. As well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Jason Akatiff, CEO - A4D Performance | Follow Me on Twitter | Read my Blog
                >> A4D - CPA Network, 8 years in business, never missed a payment. Sign Up Here! | NEW Skype: live:jasona_33 <<<

Comment

I'm no ISO. Been running ecommerce stores since 2009 charging in 6 currencies and not US based.

Comment

Working...
                  X