FB Ads Course For Business Owners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB Ads Course For Business Owners?

I come from the CPA world but I've been wanting to put a $997 info product together and do the whole webinar circuit thing for a very long time now. I have clickfunnels and Brunson's perfect webinar training so I pretty much know what I have to do.

Been putting it off since as you know, cloaking and fb bans takes a huge chunk of time.

Anyway, I decided to go completely WHITEHAT this year and not being being banned from Facebook is freakin' awesome.

So I've been helping local businesses get leads/customers and recently I helped someone promote their 5k race. Now, keep in mind this person had 0 event experience and with 4 months before the race had only 22 registrations.

Long story short he agreed to let me run a FB campaign and here are the results (which surprised the hell out of me):

$4600 spend
    $70k revenue

TAKEAWAY: Real Businesses + Facebook Marketing = Ridiculously Easy

Bonus: I never get banned.

The whole time time he keeps asking, "Is that good?" while I'm just shaking me head wishing I charged him pay per lead instead of a % of adspend.

I'm torn. Should I put together a fb ads training course for business owners? I know internet marketers buy $997 courses all the time, but do business owners buy stuff on webinars too?

Or is there a better angle I can take with this? Open to suggestions!
    Last edited by scarfacev2; 04-15-2016, 03:00 AM.

I'd do an MVP; then run some ads and see if there's interest and only then build this infoproduct out.

BTW what is their '5k race' .. horse racing?

Comment

Originally posted by iAmAttila View Post
      I'd do an MVP; then run some ads and see if there's interest and only then build this infoproduct out.

BTW what is their '5k race' .. horse racing?

It's like a mini marathon. 5 Kilometers. Very popular here in the states.

Comment

So I've been helping local businesses get leads/customers and recently I helped someone promote their 5k race. Now, keep in mind this person had 0 event experience and with 4 months before the race had only 22 registrations.

Long story short he agreed to let me run a FB campaign and here are the results (which surprised the hell out of me):

$4600 spend
        $70k revenue
        Forget the course, start promoting your own 5k's!

Just kidding. I'd say if the course is something you want to do, try it. I read somewhere, might have been here is the forum, about the success and growth rate of marketing/advertising firms that focus on one vertical and how the success rate is much higher than the firms who try to be a jack-of-all trades. So focus your course on FB advertising for insurance agents or dentists. Smaller pond but you can laser focus the messaging for them.
        Ideas are everywhere, it's execution that's in short supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Forget the course, start promoting your own 5k's!

Just kidding. I'd say if the course is something you want to do, try it. I read somewhere, might have been here is the forum, about the success and growth rate of marketing/advertising firms that focus on one vertical and how the success rate is much higher than the firms who try to be a jack-of-all trades. So focus your course on FB advertising for insurance agents or dentists. Smaller pond but you can laser focus the messaging for them.

Haha! Yes, that definitely crossed my mind!

I agree on the one vertical idea for sure. I do have 3 dentists that have approached me. But it's hard to get excited with teeth.

Comment

From my personal experience, most companies like if they don't have to mess around with advertising at all. A course might work better with firms who have internal, bigger marketing departments. Maybe you can sell it to small business owners as well if you offer some kind of support while they go through it.

Comment

Nice work on the 5k campaigns! Have you thought of just doing what you did here and charging retainer + commission? Retainer to setup infrastructure / training / etc.. and then commission as either you/team build the camps or oversee them doing it. Can have multiple price points per service(s) offered, and structure your payment terms based on services as well.

I have no experience doing this btw, but just thoughts that came to mind, as I believe that's a route Digital Marketer goes also.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
                Nice work on the 5k campaigns! Have you thought of just doing what you did here and charging retainer + commission? Retainer to setup infrastructure / training / etc.. and then commission as either you/team build the camps or oversee them doing it. Can have multiple price points per service(s) offered, and structure your payment terms based on services as well.

I have no experience doing this btw, but just thoughts that came to mind, as I believe that's a route Digital Marketer goes also.

Hey Adam. That's a great idea!

Comment

Check out some of the stuff Russ Rufino does

Comment

Originally posted by ari View Post
                    Check out some of the stuff Russ Rufino does

Definitely, Russ is a beast!

Comment

Buddy your an inspiration on the 4 months and no ban

Agree with you on the Bans and cloaking,
                      like having a leech on your mind and time.

Never know when your accounts may get swept.

I'm curious, how did you run the local camp?
                      What was the funnel and the CPA like for you?

scarfacev2

Comment

Originally posted by scaleyourbiz View Post
                        Buddy your an inspiration on the 4 months and no ban

Agree with you on the Bans and cloaking,
                        like having a leech on your mind and time.

Never know when your accounts may get swept.

I'm curious, how did you run the local camp?
                        What was the funnel and the CPA like for you?

scarfacev2
                        It wasn't really a funnel at all.

FB AD --> Registration Page

He was a buddy of mine so I only he charged him like $1000 flat. Kicking myself for that one. haha. You gotta keep in mind, I had NO IDEA it would sell because he was charging $100 per ticket which is double of what 5ks usually go for. AND it was a brand new race no one has ever heard of.

So I totally predicted failure. Once again, facebook surprised the hell out of me.

Comment

That's awesome. Most of the 5ks I see are $50 to $75 depending on the swag, the better ones have a gift bag, nice finisher medal and shirt. Pretty cool it did that well and I can also say, I don't remember ever seeing one promoted by an online marketer who knows what they are doing AT ALL, so props to you for doing it right obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Ideas are everywhere, it's execution that's in short supply.

Comment

Awesome job! At least now you know you could and probably should ask for a piece of the big pie.

If you don't mind me asking, were you hyper targeting or just basic location based targeting?

Comment

Originally posted by tc89 View Post
                              Awesome job! At least now you know you could and probably should ask for a piece of the big pie.

If you don't mind me asking, were you hyper targeting or just basic location based targeting?

Local + Interests.

Comment

Working...
                              X