X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Squad - Mission Statement

Welcome everyone....

I built this forum because I feel the online marketing landscape is changing. It's getting easier and easier to build your own products.

Where years ago you had to code everythign and use very complex systems. Now you can build full ecommerce stores and sales funnels with simple drag and drop systems.

As most of you know I've been very heavily invovled in the CPA world for the past 12 years. I was a full time affiliate for 5 years working from home in my pajama's. Then I went on to build A4D.com one of the top CPA networks in the U.S.

But in all honesty I'm tired of talking about how to run traffic... If your'e looking for a good forum on how to buy media profitably I'd highly suggestThis forum is going to be about how to take the next step after you've figured out how to run traffic and want to start building a product or service.

Things that are up for discussion are:
    • How to come up with good ideas
    • How to build sales funnels
    • How to handle fulfillment
    • How to handle credit card processing
    • How to find, higher and train good employees
    • How to document systems and processes
    • How to test new products quickly for good product market fit
    • How to raise capital
    • How to position for sale and exit
    • How to build company culture
    Really anything that is all about building a great company and product. Ideally I'd like for us all to build stuff that does 2 things vs. just 1. That is:
    • Throw off positive cash flow quickly
    • Build long term asset value you could sell and get a multiple on
    I feel like this is a transition for a lot of people to this way of thinking. Everything we're focused on at A4D is about building long term asset value in the business. It's also about staying nimble and fast which is what makes affiliates great. Lots of testing and optimization with quick turns.

So if this is of interest to you and your'e ready to take the next step.

Welcome to Product Squad!

If you have any friends, family or business partners that might be interested in this topic PLEASE invite them. It's you that make the community strong and we will all appreciate it.

Success,
    Jason Akatiff
    Founder, Product Squad
    Jason Akatiff, CEO - A4D Performance | Follow Me on Twitter | Read my Blog
    >> A4D - CPA Network, 8 years in business, never missed a payment. Sign Up Here! | NEW Skype: live:jasona_33 <<<

I Have already invited quite a few people by sharing the flashlight funnel thread.

Comment

Originally posted by miteshmuley View Post
      I Have already invited quite a few people by sharing the flashlight funnel thread.
      The community really appreciates it Mitesh. I'll do my best to make it has the best content out there

Don't want to let you down.
      >> A4D - CPA Network, 8 years in business, never missed a payment. Sign Up Here! | NEW Skype: live:jasona_33 <<<

Comment

Well said Jason and building products is a great way to get more control of your business and build an asset. Glad you decided to do this.
        Ideas are everywhere, it's execution that's in short supply.

Comment

Any plans to change this to a subscription based forum once it picks up steam?

Comment

Originally posted by phrench View Post
            Any plans to change this to a subscription based forum once it picks up steam?

That's definitely the plan down the road. I figure when we get to 2-3k posts we'll move most of the forum to a subscription based. We may keep 1-2 sections open for SEO purposes. As well as show the titles of the posts for if people want to join.

BUT

I want to make sure that the people that help build it are not charged. So the plan is anyone with over 10 posts will be grandfathered in and get a free account for life.

I'd also like to do some stuff, as we grow, where once we're charging subscription take a % of that revenue and award it to the top posters each month. It's really all of us that help build a great community. Thinking something like this.

Forum makes $100k then 30% goes to the top posters and recruiters of posters each month. We'd probably pick

Top poster
            Top thanked/liked
            Top recuiter of other posters

and award $10,000 to each person each month.

Let me know if you think this is fair, makes sense and of course you have any other questions. I'm in strong support of paid forums. I think keeping them limited in size and quality is important. I was a moderator in Wickedfire but all that info being very public meant soon people didn't want to share anything. Also, I see people with experience becoming more hesitant on even STM at this point. So my guess is we start out with all free, move to partial paid, then super high level people with only a limited number invited to a more private section. Something like that.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions, whatever we can do to make it better I'm all ears.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thanks for elaborating on this.

IMO sounds fair.

Comment

smaxor Very fair. Most forums have a fairly obvious path, even long lived ones like Wicked Fire or SEOBook, and I'm sure we'll see it with STM. The issue with this all this stuff, there's a limit to how much you can really share. We can talk about other peoples funnels, but if I start telling you I'm killing it with bass fishermen who live in Texas, well, I'm shooting myself in the foot. Something to think about. Most of the really good info comes from skype and meeting face to face, I'm sure you know that.

Comment

Appreciate the work and thought been put in building the forum. I am all new to IM and ECom. Hoping to learn and build a sustainable business soon. Keep up the good work Jason. Cheers. God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by smaxor View Post

That's definitely the plan down the road. I figure when we get to 2-3k posts we'll move most of the forum to a subscription based. We may keep 1-2 sections open for SEO purposes. As well as show the titles of the posts for if people want to join.

BUT

I want to make sure that the people that help build it are not charged. So the plan is anyone with over 10 posts will be grandfathered in and get a free account for life.

I'd also like to do some stuff, as we grow, where once we're charging subscription take a % of that revenue and award it to the top posters each month. It's really all of us that help build a great community. Thinking something like this.

Forum makes $100k then 30% goes to the top posters and recruiters of posters each month. We'd probably pick

Top poster
                    Top thanked/liked
                    Top recuiter of other posters

and award $10,000 to each person each month.

Let me know if you think this is fair, makes sense and of course you have any other questions. I'm in strong support of paid forums. I think keeping them limited in size and quality is important. I was a moderator in Wickedfire but all that info being very public meant soon people didn't want to share anything. Also, I see people with experience becoming more hesitant on even STM at this point. So my guess is we start out with all free, move to partial paid, then super high level people with only a limited number invited to a more private section. Something like that.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions, whatever we can do to make it better I'm all ears.

Thanks for your support!
                    I love this idea, I am sure this will motivate people to share more things which will eventually benefit everyone. Do you plan to have a badge system too? Where everyone will get access to different content depending on what kind of badge do they hold?

Comment

Working...
                    X