Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm New: About Jake P and Flawless Texting

Hey guys,

So I found this forum through my long term friend Malan Darras. I suppose we're coming up on knowing each other for about 15 years now. He's into the affiliate world and we're buddies who talk business and marketing all the time, so he suggested I come here. I've also met Jason at the affiliate summit in Vegas a few years ago when I went with Malan.

So I've been a pro dating instructor now for like 9 years and like you guys who get affiliate questions all the time, I get dating questions all the time. I've been on a huge journey that has lead me to write a book that I'm now trying to market, so that's what has brought me to this forum. I'm hoping to be in a community of people on similar paths so I can be successful. Let me tell you where I'm at right now with the product.

So my product is an e-book called Flawless Texting. The website I've created is flawlesstexting.com. So this book is about 200 pages of "How to Text girls." I talk about some general dating theory of mine that once understood forms the basis for successful texting with women. When someone buys the book, they get about 15 hours of audio in the form of like 5 or 6 bonuses and they can opt into a forum i've created called the Flawless Man forum where guys can post any dating questions and get advice directly from me. The most common thing guys do is to text their screenshots of text messaging conversations that they have with women and I give them advice on them. Members can post their own conversations and look at other members conversations, and everyone seems to like the advice because it's directly from me and not 20 assholes who suck and just regurgitate shitty "correct" advice they read somewhere else.

My sister in-law read my book and told me "It's the single most insightful book I've ever read. I thought it would be some dumb book with quippy lines to send girls, and when I was done reading I couldn't believe how you could possibly know so much about how my mind works. It was like you know more about how I text than I could ever know. Crazy."

So I've been blogging about dating for years now (jakepulls.blogspot.com) and I've got about 400,000 page views on my blog, and I wrote this book and it took me a couple years to get all done. I've created this website and I've blogged about "go buy my book" and all that, and as of right now I've gotten somewhere around 50 sales. Of those, about 28 signed up for the forum, and of the 28 people who signed up, 8 are left and they each pay $67 monthly for the forum access. Of the 8 guys on there 2 or 3 are posting, so the forum is only getting a couple of posts a day. Lame. I'm quite convinced that anyone and everyone who knows who I am already have already bought my book if they were going to, and the guys who have are my devoted fans and students who already have seen me in action and know what i'm capable of.

So here I am. I'm one of the top experts in the dating field, yet I have very little internet presence and it's tough for guys to know I even exist. The guys who have managed to find my blog worship it and become raving fans, yet that's obviously not enough for me to pay the bills. Right now i'm sitting in Iowa (not hollywood, ca where I live) because I ran out of money and had to come back and build a house to make money to pay my rent in Los angeles because i'm not making it. This blows heavy donkey balls. But I'm not going back to being an electrical engineer and working for the man. F u c k t h a t. I like having every day be my Saturday.

As far as my current work goes and my future strategy for the book, currently I'm working with my web guy to get the product on click bank and it has been about a month long process, stopping all sales in the process. After click bank is up and going, my plan is to use my contacts in the dating world and a group called "the syndicate" to market my book. These dudes have email lists that they'll send my product to and hopefully i'll get some sales from that. One thing holding me up right now is that before they'll mail out for me I need to have long-form sales copy or a VSL somewhere on my website, neither of which I've got or have ever made. I'm also hesitant to put my face out there because of possible stigma involved and the fact that i'm trying to get a TV show for myself right now.

Resources: So right now the main resource i'm obviously lacking is money. I'm fucking sooooo broke. Before I left los angeles I was digging through my change jar to buy cliff bars and sodas. I had to borrow money from mom and pop to keep me afloat and now i'm working that off. However, I do happen to have a 1971 Plymouth 'cuda in my garage that's conservatively worth about $60,000 and I have a vintage BMW bike also that's worth about $10,000. I'm begrudgingly working on selling both of these, so I think I should sell the bike soon after I get back to LA in a couple of weeks here and then i'll have that 10K to do whatever with.

So that's my story. If you wanna learn texting, I can literally take your phone and text whatever girl you want and she'll go on a date with you, but nobody knows I can do this and I'm a beginner at marketing, hacking my way through each step of this process. I feel like I've got the greatest ability to teach what I teach and write, however, it doesn't mean shit because I struggle with getting my product in front of people's eye balls.

I would definitely check out this:
    http://digitalromanceaffiliates.com/...iting-secrets/

It's by "Mike Fiore (SECRETLY Chris “Mr. Moneyfingers” Haddad)" the dude went from being a broke copywriter to making millions with his dating advice products. It's really interesting because the guy was in the same situation as you were starting out then went on to make millions, write many books, go on TV shows etc. He shares A LOT in his interviews, including how to get started and how to promote your work.

I think he is the one that made all those "text your wife into bed" and "text your ex back" ebooks on clickbank (they did really well)

Comment

Most of the guys in their 20s, 30s would prefer buying dating advice and coaching from someone they've actually seen to be successful - video footage of you picking up 9s and 10s, a sexy lifestyle etc. Even if it's an actor and it's all scripted... For all I know as a potential customer, it's just another 50yo marketer trying to make a buck to pay his child support..rehashing some run of the mill PUA advice into an e-book and sending me to a sales letter that looks like it was made in 1998.

Most of the guys getting into the PUA scene are there because of their low-value in society and the sexual marketplace - they are ugly, short, fat/skinny, broke, low-confidence, low-dominance, little to no social standing/power. All great angles to use for that CTR% and pain-points to push on to make the sale and to possibly upsell diet/nutra/muscle/testo/etc.

Comment

Thanks for the link! And thanks for your input, guys! I've heard of Chris Haddad and haven't really checked him out so i'll do that, especially since i'm right in the middle of copywriting, those videos are perfect for me, so thanks. And dmitri as far as video goes I've had a debate about it in my head for a long time. It's kind of considered by the public a scuzzy thing to be a guy online showing PUA skills off, so even though I would likely be the king of these types of videos, I've stayed far far away from that for a long time now. My objections are:

1. Although I had to claw to become successful with women, i'm so good now that guys shrug off my skills because they say i'm too good looking or I've just always been good with women, even though neither are true and I've just managed to get my style together and do 8 years of walking up and talking to women constantly.

2. I don't want some girl I date to pull up videos of me online picking up chicks.

3. I'm not sure how doing videos online could or would affect my chances at having a legit TV show based in a dating topic more appealing to the general public than pickup artistry, which I deem to be kind of a shitty word with bad stigma.

4. Living in Hollywood, I could also be doing a TV show on muscle cars, my other passion.

All this said, I fully realize that many of the successful people in my industry are successfully using youTube to make tons of money, so I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I may need to jump on this bandwagon as much as I really hate doing it. Thoughts? Please keep in mind this has been a serious thought process over years of time with me, so I can't simply be like "yeah, fuck it, I'm putting my face all over the place." This decision has real-world possible consequences for me.

It's also worth noting here that I did try some affiliate marketing and I don't exactly plan on this being something that I dive into, although I would hope to have people like that selling my product.

Comment

• Ollyr0tht1ger
          Ollyr0tht1ger commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Jake, I don't follow the PUA scene. But from what you described, it seems there could be opportunity to brand yourself as the exception. You don't have to be the 'scuzzy' guy. Perhaps you can be the classy guy instead. Challenge perception, reveal another side, be different. If there's some scuzzy aspects to what you do, leave em out & emphasize the better parts.

I just realized that these posts are kinda old so my bad on being late to the conversation.

And btw, I've been there, down and out. So I'm not sure what your situation is at this point because I haven't read through the thread but if you need any help send me a paypal link. I'll do what I can to look out brotha!

Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing your story and being completely transparent. I know it's not easy to put yourself out there like that.

A few thoughts.

1. I don't like the angle of texting. Why? There's countless products about it.

You know what I think would be cooler? How to get girls online. Social. Facebook, instagram, Snapchat, Tinder

Go into the benefits. You don't have to approach, you can do this at home. You can message 100 girls in a day vs cold approaching.

The tinder angle would be fucking money.

How to get girls on Tinder even if you're not good looking

2. Move home, and sell everything.

Drop your ego. There's nothing wrong with getting a job again, and doing this on the side to re-build your way up.

3. The decision to go "public" is a personal one. Eben Pagan was the dating guy as david deangelo? Now? No one cares he taught pick up. They respect how he does $20m a year.

In pickup, people buy based off of PERSONALITIES. It's going to be hard for you to be successful without putting your Face out there.

4. Clickbank sounds like a solid idea if you can get ppl to mail for you.

The issue is other guys....like Tao of Badass and etc. are so fucking optimized. Optimized VSL's, they have upsells and downsells, its HARD to compete against them.

Thats why you have to leverage your relationships, OR go from a completely different angle.

5. As far as building your brand you gotta fucking hustle.

youtube videos, post on reddit/r/seduction.

A brand doesn't happen overnight.

it's not about how good your product is, it's about how good your marketing is.

good luck!

Come to the A4D thingy. I'll be there and we can grab a coffee if you want. i've promoted a lot of pick up products, and pretty familiar with the community.

Comment

i assume you mean the summit on June 4th in San Diego? I might be able to swing that. Hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it but i'm down.

Thanks also for your advice and insight on this. I think you're absolutely right about your #1 there. In fact, this product could very easily be re-marketed as a Tinder product... I've just gone so far already and I'm SOOO FUCKING SLOW at getting this stuff done that it's hard for me to just abandon shit before it's really even been promoted at all. I mean just to get my website up I've spent a lot of money and time and it's been a slow learning curve for me.

However, my book strategy works great for Tinder, so if I wanted to re-market the book I would just have to adjust the angle of the book, intro, title, focus, etc. I haven't written much about snapchat, instagram, and the others but easily could. I could also make videos on these quite easily offering strategy for guys, and I like that marketing angle a lot better than texting. For me the goal for this product was to share my texting strategy and knowledge and have a forum where people could post screenshots. You're right it seems dated. But what's the move here? I feel like my best move is to go with what i've got so far before moving to the next thing or putting effort into re-marketing when I can't market in the first place very well yet.

As for your number 2. Not happening. Never. Ever. I'm from small town Iowa originally and right now I live in Hollywood, California where I've worked and made a life for myself for like 8 years now. I won't leave Los Angeles even if I have to be homeless or something. All my contacts, work, live training, and blah blah are there.

Good point about David D. He's a gazzilionaire. It's funny you say personality. That's always been what sells people on me. They meet me and BOOM! Sold immediately (not trying to sound arrogant or like a prick here). In person, I can sell ketchup popsicles to eskimos. Always have. 100% confidence in this regard, so that would likely be a great thing for me if I was to do some YouTube videos. That opens another pandoras box of questions for me, like how much to give for free, what to actually do, does it focus on the product or do I showoff pickup skills, could I just show a video of my screen and me Tindering... blah blah...

As of today my web dude has informed me that click bank is up and going, so leveraging relationships is the go-to for right now I think. I actually have met one of the dudes a few times who started TAO, and I'm very connected in the field, so i think this in the short term is a much better strategy for me than most anything else. After that who knows.

Comment

So after contemplating your guys' advice and angles on this, and watching those Chris Haddad videos (holy shit thank you again for posting those!) I think the angle I'm gonna focus on is to make a VSL and also throw up a few youtube videos. Once I've got that I think i'm going to focus on having some connections mail out for me. Also it's worth noting that I'm planning on doing the VSL instead of traditional long-form copy that I've seen in the past. Thoughts on this? And besides me doing actual pickup on youtube, what else would you like to see?

Comment

Interestingly enough, I'm now with zero marketing getting about 4-5 sales a week. I think this is residual stuff from blogging for 6 years and having been affiliated with other people in the dating world for so long. Word of mouth perhaps. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with some marketing behind me! Anyways, see you guys at A4D in San Diego this weekend!

Comment

Great weekend at the A4D conference this weekend. It was great meeting everyone! I've come up with some new ideas on everything, including click funnels, some product ideas, and some added direction on VSL's and campaigning.

Charles, from what I remember you suggested for my funnel to be a free product for opt-in, then a $37-47 product (my book) followed by a $300 product and then like $2000 or $100,000, something like that? I would LOVE to hear a bit more detail about this type of a plan if you've got a few seconds. We also talked about the idea of a Facebook group instead of a forum. This idea seems risky to me simply because I wouldn't have full control of the group and Facebook could possibly shut it down out of nowhere for whatever reason, so this makes me nervous.

Also I loved Jason's sales funnel for the golf product where he's got Article, VSL, Cart, One time offer 1, one time offer 2, one time offer 3, confirm, store. Right now my offer is like free offer, Sales page, cart. I've got some adding to do obviously.

In addition to all of this, Malan suggested to me that since my offer is actually already selling that I start a $5/day Facebook campaign that I run for awhile just to see what happens, so I'm gonna give this a shot as well.

Comment

Great meeting you Jake.

Read this:

http://www.digitalmarketer.com/custo...-optimization/

Comment

Thanks Charles. Great meeting you as well.

Comment

Actually, HUGE thanks! That info you just wrote down for me fills in a lot of gaps in my knowledge. Feel free to rain down other wisdom lol

Comment

yo! great to see you posting here Jake. just had a chance to read through. That link charles_ngo dropped is pretty damn epic. I also recently came across a podcast where Eben Pagan gives a quick step by step overview of how he builds products.

YouTube: (starts at 19:39)
                        https://youtu.be/B8d8VJgbgW4?t=19m39s

Soundcloud: (starts at 19:39)
                        https://soundcloud.com/addicted2succ...llions-from-it

P.S. Jake let me read the book early on. I was shocked at how good it was. I was just going to read 1 paragraph per page, but it was so good I read it word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake P View Post
                          Thanks for the link! And thanks for your input, guys! I've heard of Chris Haddad and haven't really checked him out so i'll do that, especially since i'm right in the middle of copywriting, those videos are perfect for me, so thanks. And dmitri as far as video goes I've had a debate about it in my head for a long time. It's kind of considered by the public a scuzzy thing to be a guy online showing PUA skills off, so even though I would likely be the king of these types of videos, I've stayed far far away from that for a long time now. My objections are:

1. Although I had to claw to become successful with women, i'm so good now that guys shrug off my skills because they say i'm too good looking or I've just always been good with women, even though neither are true and I've just managed to get my style together and do 8 years of walking up and talking to women constantly.

2. I don't want some girl I date to pull up videos of me online picking up chicks.

3. I'm not sure how doing videos online could or would affect my chances at having a legit TV show based in a dating topic more appealing to the general public than pickup artistry, which I deem to be kind of a shitty word with bad stigma.

4. Living in Hollywood, I could also be doing a TV show on muscle cars, my other passion.

All this said, I fully realize that many of the successful people in my industry are successfully using youTube to make tons of money, so I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I may need to jump on this bandwagon as much as I really hate doing it. Thoughts? Please keep in mind this has been a serious thought process over years of time with me, so I can't simply be like "yeah, fuck it, I'm putting my face all over the place." This decision has real-world possible consequences for me.

It's also worth noting here that I did try some affiliate marketing and I don't exactly plan on this being something that I dive into, although I would hope to have people like that selling my product.
                          I really think you need to evaluate what is more important - success or anonymity.

At one point I had 125 ebooks on Amazon all 10,000+ words each...all under pen names with fake social media profiles, fake pics etc. It is not enough in 2016, to build your brand people want to see videos and it is super hard/expensive to fake that. I think for your kind of product the only way to sell your system is proving it works and Youtube is ideal for that.

I understand the need and want for anonymity BUT if people don't see you doing something then they won't buy into it. This is why the VSL works so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake P View Post
                            Great weekend at the A4D conference this weekend. It was great meeting everyone! I've come up with some new ideas on everything, including click funnels, some product ideas, and some added direction on VSL's and campaigning.

Charles, from what I remember you suggested for my funnel to be a free product for opt-in, then a $37-47 product (my book) followed by a $300 product and then like $2000 or $100,000, something like that? I would LOVE to hear a bit more detail about this type of a plan if you've got a few seconds. We also talked about the idea of a Facebook group instead of a forum. This idea seems risky to me simply because I wouldn't have full control of the group and Facebook could possibly shut it down out of nowhere for whatever reason, so this makes me nervous.

Also I loved Jason's sales funnel for the golf product where he's got Article, VSL, Cart, One time offer 1, one time offer 2, one time offer 3, confirm, store. Right now my offer is like free offer, Sales page, cart. I've got some adding to do obviously.

In addition to all of this, Malan suggested to me that since my offer is actually already selling that I start a $5/day Facebook campaign that I run for awhile just to see what happens, so I'm gonna give this a shot as well.
                            I don't know if you have access to the forum "stackthatmoney" but there is a guy on there... I can't remember his name but he is H U G E in the dating niche and gives A LOT of advice and basically step by step of what he does and how he does it. And his stuff is all $2000+ per sale too!

Comment

Working...
                            X